Store items you'll need most at the front of the unit.
When you pack your storage unit, create a center aisle for access to all items.
Do not place boxes directly on concrete floor, but use pallets or skids to allow for air flow under and around items.
- If your storing tables and other furniture, remove legs and store tabletops and sofas on end, to save space.
- Old photographs tend to curl over time. To keep them flat, place them between two pieces of cardboard and tape them together.
- Drain gasoline and oil from lawn mower and other small engine.
- Common sense and state law determines what may be stored. you alone control access to your storage space therefore never store firearms, illicit drugs or paraphernalia, live animals, perishables,
liquids, explosives, flammable liquids and fuels, toxic materials, or other items that need a controlled enviorment.
- Use trash cans to store shovels, hoes and rackes.
- Mattresses should be covered and stored flat on level surfaces.
- Use protective covers and treat wood surfaces befor storing.
- When storing metal items, to retard rust, wipe all metal surfaces with a rag containing a few drops of machine oil.
- Pack blankets, draperies, and dress clothes on a hanger in a waredrobe box.
- Always use a high quality lock on your unit. Ask site manager for recommendation.
- Whenever possible, place dresers and tables top-to-top to save space.